Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Moving to Kansas

Whew!  It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to post – when you’re moving all of your stuff from Tibet to Kansas, sometimes it’s hard to find a good place to get Wi-Fi, plus my keyboard is TINY.  It was a normal sized keyboard, but I’ve got these huge yeti fingers, so I had to order a custom yeti-sized keyboard.  Without it, I’d type like a yeti with a small keyboard.  Which, I think I’ve established, is quite slow.

It’s a longer walk than you might guess to get here to Kansas, but it’s worth it – I’ve been selected to be the mascot for Encampment 2013.  I’m not sure how they selected me, but yet the e-mail showed up and I’m certainly honored!  Encampment 2013 is going to happen on April 19-21, 2013 at the State Fairground in Hutchinson.  Okay, you’re asking why I’m talking about Encampment now, it’s more than a year away – well the answer is that when you’re planning a big event like this, you start to get excited.  Pretty soon you’ll be able to register!

My American cousin Sasquatch is pretty cool and has his own action figure, too!

The other thing that’s gotten me excited is that I’ve finally gotten my Bobcat Badge and my Tiger Badge!  You might think I’m a little old for that, but as mascot for Encampment, I’m going to try to work my way as far as I can through Scouting before Encampment starts.  They’ve given me special permission to go to Scout Camps and Cub Day Camps, too, so expect to see me this summer!

I don’t think I’d feel good about earning the Yeti Merit Badge – it’s a little too much like earning a Merit Badge for breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment