Wednesday, May 30, 2012

2013 Quivira Council Pinewood Derby

This is a photo of my Dad when he was a member of the Boy Scouts.  Notice the family resemblance?


Encampment keeps getting better!  Next year, the Quivira Council Pinewood Derby will be at . . . Encampment on April 19-21, 2013 in Hutchinson at the Kansas State Fair Grounds!

Pinewood Derby is pretty exciting to me.  This year my car was super fast, and it looked neat.  This will be my second year entering, and I think that my dad has achieved a balance between mass, inertia, friction, and track length.  At least that’s what he says while polishing the wheels with 60,000 grit sandpaper. 
Rumor also has it that we’ll have the world’s tallest Pinewood Derby.  I’m not sure how that works, unless we’d be starting from the top of Mt. Everest?

No comments:

Post a Comment